Monday, September 15, 2014

Weird rigging of sewing machine

I still have not found my cone thread holder and am too cheap to buy a new one. I posted before about using the straws to hold the cones and they worked for quite a while it was just annoying that they would have to be replaced with a new one when I needed to load a bobbin. Then my brilliant but annoying niece found something for me to use the last time I was sick. I like sodas at room temperature when ill but have nosy cats. She found these at the Dollar General and they were a great solution.


 About the third time I bought them I started thinking because these were heavier, shorter only a little wider then normal straws.


So I tried it and it slipped on beautifully. Just loose enough not to put pressure on the clip that holds the bobbin but not too loose that it will work its way off. Short enough to hold the cone with no problem.




 It worked perfectly and even when I am doing fast sewing and my table wobbles a little (some day new solid sewing table) it never works it's way loose the way straws occasionally did. Also lifts right off for threading bobbins then right back on again no problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment