Tuesday, July 15, 2014

pillow case dress

My niece and her friend were goofing off outside, the hose somehow became involved and you had two soaked people. Normally that would not be a problem but the friend is tiny and anything we had would drown her so I was asked to whip up something fast. Well I thought about the pillow case slips that are easy just a long strip to make the shoulders. Like the one below I found on the internet.



but of course that would be two easy so this is what they brought me.

The t shirt had the sleeves ripped off and the bottom cut for some strange reason and a black pillow case. Okay I could work with this. First I folded the shirt and evened out the edges. I measure around the chest and cut t-shirt to that size it stretches so no need for ease. then measure down for the arm and sewed the sides.


I serged the armhole and left it that remember this was just a temporary top till new clothes were brought. tTen I opened the bottom of the pillow case and attached that to the bottom of the shirt. I had to gather the edges of the case to fit the shirt but it worked.



Toss in a belt and a nice little dress. Took 15 minutes and is a nice disposable dress for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment