Thursday, May 15, 2014

Obi Belt

My sister loves belts and in fact during Tax-mas she bought a lot but finding ones in her size can be difficult so I decided to try my hand at making one. I also love anime and saw a character wearing an obi and thought that would be cute as a belt since I could make it any size.


I measure my sister and made two pieces of fabric and one of canvas 6 inchs thick and 10 inches shorter then the measurement. This was to ensure that it did not overlap when pulled tight. Then added ribbons 1 1/2 times the length to ensure they went around the waist to tie in front. It worked perfectly and goes with several outfits.




As you see it fits nicely the canvas helps to keep the shape I did this one in a basic black and plan some more in solid colors. One thing I did learn was to place a small loop to thread the ribbon through near the front so that the ribbon stays in the middle and does not slide up or down. Simple but elegant something that anyone that can cut a straight line and sew can do and you can custom fit to your size.

No comments:

Post a Comment