Friday, March 7, 2014

Change that old look for a new one

My sister is a teacher but the dress she showed me was just too, too old teacher. the waist hung too low and emphasized her stomach, the neckline made her face rounder and the color did nothing for her.

So time to take some steps, I did a couple of pins first to see what I needed to do to the waist. I measured up 3 inches from the skirt seam then folded it in 1 inch.

I liked the idea it took the emphasize off the stomach and the band looked more like a belt or sash giving the dress more definition. The dress was light green so I added some purple dye figuring to get more of a brown tint instead it came out more of a taupe but the color of the flowers showed nicely and color went with her skin.
After sewing the waist it was time to do something with the neck. I did not want to lower it too much remember teacher so instead I tried a teardrop keyhole. Then lined the edges with a purplish rhinestone.

I added a slit to the sleeve to update the top and overall I think it came out well.



No comments:

Post a Comment