Friday, March 7, 2014

Old denim jacket to crop teen jacket

We do love to reuse clothes because lets face it we are all on a budget. The Jean jacket was an old one that belonged to my mother but did not fit anyone except for my niece so I decided to modernize it a little.

 I cut the jacket measuring from the underarm down to just under the bust. I held on to the bottom to use later for a purse. I wanted to dress it up and personalize it for my niece.

I cut a pattern from paper and used hot fix rhinestones to add touches to the collar then I needed to do the back.
I printed the picture I wanted then cut it into a stencil and pinned to the jacket this acted as my outline. I then filled different areas with colored rhinestones like the eyes and the collar. I wanted subtle so only did a thin outline with 3mm rhinestones.
As you can it is cute on her and I will probably add more rhinestones to the pockets to dress it up. The undershirt is actually a skirt that I was planning to turn into a tank but with the zipper in back it fits perfectly and goes so well with the jacket and tights.




No comments:

Post a Comment