Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Necessity Blah Blah 2

You know they say that a stupid idea that works is not a stupid idea. I could not find the stand that holds the spool and needed to sew something that night. First I put the spool in a cup and after moving it around found that it worked but if the cup moved I had to reconfigure its placement again. Then I thought if only the bobbin winder were taller. Hmmm!!!
You have to use good straws not the cheap flimsy ones. I found these at HEB nice thick ones. I made a small cut then forced the straw down letting the little hook force the cut deeper so it would be secure. Took a couple of tries.

Wind the thread like normal and it works. The only time the straw came loose was when I was sewing a long piece really fast and that may be because my table shakes when that happens. Otherwise unless I knock it down when I am changing threads it works perfectly.  Of course when I need to wind a bobbin I need to remove it. I never did find my spool holder. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment