Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Refashion weird t-shirt sports bra combo thing

Okay this is one of those weirder shirts it was a combo of a tshirt and a sports bra. the body was dusty pink and the straps were white. Into the dye it went.
First thing was to get rid of those straps and back bra part. Then I saw on Pinterest where they added some shape to the front by ruching so I tried that.
Find the center seam then iron makes it much easier. I used a paper tape it is easier to draw on and does not leave residue. I experimented with distance and found that 3/4 inch was the right distance. Why this sounds obvious make sure that the bigger part of the running stitch is in the back. Even the experienced sewer can make this mistake especially if you are listening to a good song and not paying attention :)
I just bought a new toy a Bejeweler Pro and that heart finishes the front nicely. Well it still needed something so I decided to dress up the sleeves.
I tried freehand drawing but really suck so I printed the pattern I wanted and learned something. If the design is too close in some areas you cannot put the stones down. Also while it is not hard it is time consuming and stress full if falling a pattern because you have to stay steady and with my back problems I could only do a little then lay down so it took me even longer. In addition I have read that it is best to really push the stone down with something to force the glue into the material. Just to be on the safe side I put a piece of paper over the top and ran an iron over the whole thing to make sure I got everything.
Shirt came out pretty good and survived washing and drying with no problems.


Riv said it would look even better with a good bra that is going to be one of my projects

No comments:

Post a Comment