Monday, November 16, 2015

70's denim to cowgirl outfit

Luckily I hit the thrift stores when I have extra cash because  I was told one evening that my niece needed something cowgirlish for the next day. Don't you just love that? Luckily I had picked up some denim dresses and skirts that were so seventies. This one had short puff sleeves with some lovely embroidery and a straight A-line skirt.
Very easy to deconstruct first I snipped out the sleeves then carefully cut straight across about 10 inches below the armpit. The split the top up the middle along one of the pintucks.

To clean up the armholes by taking out the top stitching and cutting the remains close to the seam. A quick hem to the front and the vest was done.

For the skirt I took the length off the bottom so I could use the bottom hem  as a waist casing.

After I cut it off I then cut it again 1/2 inch from the seam then added it to the top of the skirt cutting off the excess. A quick hem on the bottom and a very nice denim skirt.
Not bad for a 1 hour remake.

1 comment: